We are so grateful to the Samuel P Hunt Foundation for their recent grant! It means we can repair the roof of our Birch House so it doesn’t leak when it rains. The work will start soon, and the residents of this house will be so much happier to have this problem over and done with! Thanks!
We are pursuing grants to repair other roofs and windows, including most of the newer windows in the newer houses, which were inappropriate for our climate and are falling apart. We are accepting donations in every amount to help with the costs of this big project, including crowdfunding of various sorts, and other creative fundraisers. If you’d like to help us, we would be grateful to you and everyone who helps you achieve your goal!
We’d love to have help with a few things:
- 25-30 bales of good hay for the animals (every year)
- 1 load of composted manure and 1 load organic mulch (annual)
- Plastic laundry sink for washing and processing wool and woven goods (the one we have is badly cracked)
- Renovate Echo Farm bathroom counters and sinks
- Replace kitchen countertops at Crossroads
- Grab bars in bathrooms and hallways to help with aging in place
- ADA compliant bathroom next to Weavery (almost done!)
- Replace old windows in Ledgewood, Birch, and Echo
- Heavy duty wet/dry vacuum cleaner with filters, etc.
- Snowshoes, various sizes
- Adult tricycles for our exercise program
- Decking to replace rotten boards
- Gift Certificates to Harrisville Designs for weaving yarn
- Craft supplies (could be gift certificates)
Please contact us at 603-878-4796 or lukas(at)lukascommunity.org if you’d like to assist with any of these. Donations in-kind are also tax deductible!