It has been a challenging year for the Lukas Community, and this is in no small way unrelated to the challenges facing the world community. Unrest pervades the world. People are being actively and publicly segregated by our government, and our sense of global security is shaken as a result of the
changes taking place around us, seemingly beyond our control.
At Lukas, one thing remains certain, the needs of our residents with developmental disabilities. Our residents need a great deal of support in their everyday lives, and they will need even more in the future
as they grow older. All need the support of a warm and caring environment at the best of times, but even more so during times of unrest. The Lukas Community provides this and fosters much more: a sense of accomplishment, purpose, and self-esteem, so important for all human beings. You can help us make a truly positive difference to the health and well-being of the Lukas Community, and all who live and work here.
Your donations support our lifetime work of serving the developmentally disabled adults in our care as well as being investments in society and the way it treats its less advantaged members: as equals, with
freedom, dignity, and purpose.Here are some of the ways you can help:
|–||Make a secure online donation through one of our secure portals at|
– Mail a check to: The Lukas Community, PO Box 137, Temple, NH 03084
– Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. The Lukas Community is a 501 (c )3 nonprofit, Tax ID number 02-0358724
– Set up a legacy gift in your will
– Set up recurring donations through one of our online portals
– Make a donation of appreciated stock and/or donor advised funds through DAF Direct (the link is on our donation page)
Thank you in advance for your contribution, and we hope you enjoy this newsletter highlighting Lukas residents enjoying and engaging in the larger community we call home.